the Office of Communications (media, events, public information)
The Office of Communications is responsible for effectively sharing
information about Chula Vista's programs, activities and events
with residents, businesses, visitors, community organizations and
other regional institutions. Key activities include:
- Media Relations - write and distribute press releases, and coordinate
city response to media inquiries. Media Relation
- Special Events - coordinate city involvement in major public
events and process special event permit
applications for public events
- Filming Permits - process applications
for filming or photography within the City of Chula Vista.
- Broadcast City Council Meetings on Cable TV - coordinate the
taping and broadcast of city council meetings on cable TV. Meetings
are broadcast on Wednesday's at 7 p.m. on Cox Cable channel 24
(in Chula Vista only), and Chula Vista Cable channel 68.
- Graphic Design - provide professional graphic design support
for city departments, and review requests for use of the City
name and logo (in accordance with council policy 100-01). Note,
the City of Chula Vista logo is trademarked and may not be used
or reproduced without official permission.
- Meeting Room Usage - make all reservations for use of Council
Chambers, and process requests from outside groups for use
of meeting/conference rooms at the Civic Center campus and
the Public Works Center.