Donna Norris, CMC
The Mayor and City Council appointed Donna as City Clerk of Chula
Vista on September 23, 2008, after she served as the Interim City Clerk for nine months, and as the former City Clerk's Assistant for eight years. She came to Chula Vista with extensive public sector
experience, which began in 1985 with the City of San Diego. In 2005, Donna received her certification as a certified municipal clerk (CMC)
from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC). Certification
is achieved by completing a multi-year institute for public officials,
sponsored by the League of California Cities and IIMC, and by experience,
education, and ongoing training.
- City of Chula Vista, Office of the City Clerk (since 1999)
- City of La Mesa, Finance Department (1995-1999)
- City of San Diego, Water Utilities Department (1985-1995)
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks
- California City Clerks Association
- Southern California City Clerks Association
- San Diego County City Clerks Association
Donna's primary goal has always been to have a positive impact by providing courteous, accurate service and support to the community, City Staff and the City Council. She accomplishes this goal with a team of four very dedicated, professional staff members. The entire team is very proud to serve the citizens of Chula Vista.