About The Public Works Department
Departmental Organizational Chart
Map to the Public Works Center
John Lippitt Public Works Center
1800 Maxwell Road
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619) 397 - 6000
|Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday |
6:30 am - 4:00 pm
Friday | 6:30am - 3:00pm
Closed every other Friday.
|Beginning Friday, April 15, Public Works Operations will be closed every other Friday.
View Office Closures on City Calendar
The Public Works Department is responsible for providing and managing the City's infrastructure, parks and open space through high quality operations, maintenance and construction in order to optimize mobility, public and environmental health and safety.
In January 2009, the Public Works, General Services and Engineering Departments merged to create the Department of Public Works. Our new structure can be viewed by clicking on our Departmental Organizational Chart.
Engineering Division | Website
The Engineering Division consists of the following lines of business:
- Advanced Planning - Manages asset inventories, master plans and special studies to identify current and future deficiencies in the City's sewer, pavement, storm drain, wastewater disposal, and street systems to ensure that the City's infrastructure will adequately serve the community now and in the future.
- Project Delivery - Design/Survey - Manages the delivery of Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs) through the entire life cycle to meet or exceed quality, scope, schedule and cost committments to ensure that the city's infrastructure will adequately serve the community now and in the future.
- Real Property - Provides full real estate support for all City Departments so they can successfully complete their mission.
The Operations Division consists of the following lines of business:
- Building Management - Provides maintenance, communication and custodial services to the public so they can receive the benefits of safe, clean and dependable city buildings, libraries and recreational facilities.
- Drainage Management - Provides cleaning and maintenance services to residents and the public so they can have flood protection and improved water quality and the City is in compliance with environmental standards.
- Fleet Management - Provides vehicles and equipment to City departments so they will have properly functioning vehicles that are up to date and specific to their missions.
- Open Space Management - Provides landscape management, contract administration, and inspection services to residents and businesses so they can enjoy a safe, attractive, and maintained landscape.
- Parks Management - Provide maintenance, security, and management services to the public, sports leagues, schools and Recreation Programs so they can enjoy a safe, clean, accessible, and playable environment throughout the parks.
- Roadway Management - Provides maintenance services to the public so they can receive the benefits of safe, clean and dependable public streets, sidewalks, curbs & gutters, traffic signals, street lights, fences and railings.
- Wastewater Management - Provides wastewater infrastructure maintenance services to residents, businesses and other City departments so they can benefit from a reliable and environmentally safe wastewater system.
Internal Services Division
The Internal Services Division consists of the following lines of business:
- Conservation Services - Serves the community's environmental needs and assists in its pursuit of a healthy, prosperous, just and secure environment for all citizens. Staff works with and on behalf of the community to preserve and restore land, air, water and other natural resources in ways that advance the welfare of present and future generations.
- Environmental Services - Provides comprehensive solid waste management services to citizens, businesses, City departments, and outside agencies so they can enjoy a cleaner, healthier environment through dependable and economical solid waste services.
- Fiscal Services - Provides financial support services to City staff, the development community, and the public so they can successfully complete their business.
This is all accomplished through the department’s commitment
to provide a safe environment for the city’s residents and
to keep the city beautiful. We provide the means for residents to
live in the City, and get safely to work, schools, shops, businesses,
offices, and other communities.