The Purpose of the Administration Section is to provide personnel and infrastructure management support services to employees and the public so that employees can successfully complete their work and the public can benefit from Department managed amenities and services.
- Set policy and provide direction for Infrastructure Maintenance, Inspection Services, Parks & Open Space, Fleet Management, and Transit Divisions.
- Provide day-to-day supervision for the following work groups:
Streets, Striping & Signing, Graffiti Removal, Urban Forestry, Wastewater, Lift
Stations/Pools, Storm Drain, Parks, Open Space, Garage, Construction Inspection, NPDES, and Transit.
- Provide business management, clerical and technical services to all Operations divisions.
- Provide safety training to all employees as needed.
- To provide, a comprehensive, cost-effective, environmentally sound, and technically reliable graffiti removal, education, and prevention program for the residents of the City of Chula Vista.
- Oversee the expenditures and revenues generated by the department,
which includes: preparation and administration of the annual budget;
processing payroll, purchase orders and direct payments; providing
inventory control; and preparing monthly payments for daily receipts
of construction materials.
to maintain the department's GBA Work Management Application (WMA), which
is an automated system used for collecting and tracking data about
the work that an agency performs in order to maintain the City’s
- Answering calls for service requests and staffing the dispatch radio.
- Manage the Park Reservation Program to ensure an effective and efficient
guarantees a certain picnic area for users who pay for reservations