City Of Chula Vista
Like Us on Facebok   Follow us on Twitter - ThinkChulaVista!   

City of Chula Vista Site Map Contact Us City Calendar of Events Frequently Asked Questions City Services What's New In Chula Vista Chula Vista Attractions About Chula Vista Chula Vista Home
Recreation Home Down Arrow

About Us
Recreation Facilities
Class Directory
Online Registration
Registration Information
Renting Facilities
Parks & Rec. Commission
Recreation News & Events
Sports & Athletics
Aquatic Programs
School Programs
Senior Citizens
Inclusion Programs
Day Camps
Become A Contract Inst.
Contact Us

  Recreation Department

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you offer free programs?    
We offer free or very low cost Fun To Be Fit programs and many of our Special Events are free or very low cost.    

Do you offer financial assistance?    
Yes, we offer financial assistance per household, per quarter. Please visit the Financial Assistance Website for current information.    

Where can I find maps of city parks?    
We now have an interactive map of our City parks, with the addresses and links to PDF versions of maps. For this and more, please visit the Park Locations page.    

How can I get a job with the Recreation Department?    
All recreation job information can be found on the Human Resources page.    

I need to reserve a softball field, who can I call?    
To reserve a field, call recreation staff at (619) 409-5892.

All requests to reserve a gazebo or picnic area should be directed to park reservations at (619) 397 - 6197.

Do you offer refunds or transfers?    
Refunds are not issued unless classes are cancelled. Refunds will be processed and mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after classes begin. Transfers and/or credits may be approved under certain limited conditions. Online registration processing fee is non-refundable.    

Where can I find information about buying a commemorative brick for the walk of honor at Veterans Park?    
Visit the Commemorative Brick page for further details and inscription form.

You can also call (619) 691 - 5260 for further information.

Where can I find listings and information regarding your classes and activities?    
The Chula Vista Recreation Department has moved to a greener form of class listings, meaning we no longer print a complete class listing. Users can now access a complete class directory online by visiting the class website. Please visit the Online Class Directory for more information.

Participants can also visit their recreation facility of choice to receive a printed hard copy for that specific facility.

Can I make a park reservation online?    
You may do so by visiting our Park Reservations site. Here you will find information about Park Rules & Regulations, Park Features, Interactive Park Maps, and images of Park Highlights.

You can also call (619) 397 - 6197 for more information during the hours of 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday.

Where can I find swimming pool information?    
You can visit the Aquatics Website that offers a complete list of information and additional links to all information regarding aquatic program at city pools. For more information please link to the Aquatics Email.    

Where can I find information regarding registration for classes?    
You can find all quarterly registration information by linking to the Registration Information website    

City Of Chula Vista



Arrrow Back To Top  


©2013 City of Chula Vista. All Rights Reserved.

Employees Only