Registration Information for Winter 2014
10-week classes are from January 13- March 24 unless otherwise noted.
- Recreation Classes and Tiny Tots: November 18 at 8:00 a.m.
For your convenience, the Recreation Department continues to improve and offer online registration. Please note: a nominal, non-refundable fee is charged in addition to the class fee for the online service.
Tiny Tots Registration
- Online: Begins November 18 at 8:00 a.m.*
- Walk-In: Begins November 18 at 2:00 p.m. **
Online registration will begin on Monday, November 18 at 8:00 am. Walk-in Registration will only be accepted for the Tiny Tots program will be taken at all recreational facilities on a first come, first served basis on Monday, November 18 at 2:00 pm. Registrations will be accepted at the centers listed above from a parent or legal guardian of the registrant, no exceptions. Only one registration form per payer will be accepted. Parents/Legal guardians can register for more than one Tiny Tot class per registration form.
* Online registration is highly recommended.
** Some Tiny Tot classes may be full before walk-in registration begins.
- Begins November 18 at 2:00 p.m.
Walk-in registration for Winter Recreation and Tiny Tot Classes will be taken on a first come, first served, space available basis. Walk-in registration for classes will be taken at all Chula Vista Recreation during their prescribed times of operation. Please note, the first day of registration, all recreation facilities will be open for registration on November 18 at 2 pm. Registration will be taken at all facilities for any class, regardless of its meeting location. Those registering will be asked to complete the registration form and provide payment in the preferred form of credit card or check/money order. Cash in the exact amount will also be accepted.
- November 18-27
- The Registration Form is to be used only for the recreation
and swimming classes offered by the Recreation Department.
- Registration will be accepted by mail on the dates listed, on
a first received, first processed, space available basis.
- Print and fill out form completely.
- Classes not preceded by an activity number cannot be registered
for by mail. Registration is available only at the class location
where they are held.
- Applications postmarked before November 18 or after November 27 will be returned to the sender unprocessed.
- Send a check or money order for the total payment due payable
to “City of Chula Vista.” Separate checks for each
recreation class are not required. Bank cards will not be accepted.
Do not send cash.
- Individuals who do not live within the city limits of Chula
Vista will be required to pay the nonresident fee listed for each
class. Proof of residency may be required.
- It is best NOT TO USE mail-in registration if you want to increase your chances of enrollment for impacted programs.
- Mail Check and Registration Form to:
City of Chula Vista
ATTN: Mail-In Registration
276 Fourth Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910
A minimum number of participants are required to hold class. Where
enrollment is low, the Recreation Department reserves the right
to cancel. To help assure that classes are held, please register
early. An automatic refund will be issued if a class is cancelled
by the department.
Refunds & Transfers
Refunds are not issued unless classes are cancelled. Refunds will be processed and mailed approximately 4-8 weeks after classes begin. Transfers and/or credits may be approved under certain limited conditions. Online registration processing fee is non-refundable.
Code of Conduct
The benefits of Recreation programs are numerous - enhancing health and building strong families and healthy communities. To ensure the quality of programs and public safety, we require all participants, staff, parents, spectators, coaches, and volunteers, to abide by this Code of Conduct:
- All persons shall act with respect towards other persons, respect their privacy and personal safety.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- All persons shall treat public and private property and equipment with respect.
- Facility rules and regulations shall be observed at all times.
Any City representative responsible for officiating, supervising or otherwise operating a recreation program shall have authority to enforce the terms of this Code, as authorized by the Director of Recreation. Failure of any person to abide by this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to:
- Removal from the program area and/or facility,
- Restriction on program participation,
- Suspension or expulsion from the current program, and/or future programs, and/or from the facility, and
- Liability for any damages to property incurred.
Minors, under the age of 18, are required to have a parent or legal guardian sign the registration form. No refund of fees shall be given for any suspension or expulsion from a program for violating the Code of Conduct. The Director of Recreation shall review any expulsion or suspension longer than three days.