Do you have to do community service for school? Are you interested
in receiving "hands-on-training" in the areas of refereeing,
assisting with center programs, aquatic tasks, clerical (answering
phones, checking out equipment, filing, etc? If you answered yes
to these questions, the Chula Vista Recreation Department can assist
If you are 15 ½ years of age or older (grades 9th - adult),
simply call one of the following people/programs:
|Volunteer Coordinator Name
and request an application (by mail) or ask for an
application at any of the recreation facilities in Chula Vista.
All volunteers are encouraged to provide a minimum of (5) weeks
of service. Please note, the Department is very flexible with scheduling
of all volunteers and is willing to make any modifications necessary.
The Recreation Department uses volunteer assistance in the following
- Adult/Youth Sports (assisting with clerical tasks, coaching,
- Aquatics (assisting with clerical tasks & other)
- Community Centers (checking out equipment, assisting with recreation
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain valuable experience.
- Make contacts with those having job opportunities.
- Receive school credit.
- May be interviewed for paid positions.
Benefits to your community:
- Agencies are able to conduct more programs with volunteer assistance.
- Youth of the community are better trained and more productive.
For more opportunities, contact Human