- Director / City Engineer: Richard A. Hopkins
In January 2009, the Public Works, General Services and Engineering Departments merged to create the Department of Public Works. More recently, in January 2010, the Conservation and Environmental Services Department merged with Public Works. Our new structure can be viewed by clicking on our Departmental Organizational Chart.
The City Engineer works with the City’s management team to ensure the delivery of reliable and well-managed infrastructure. In addition, the City Engineer represents the City on regional engineering issues such as transportation and wastewater treatment systems. The Assistant Engineering Director administers the Citywide Capital Improvement Program and oversees day-to-day operations.
Our mission is to advance the public’s growth, safety, and quality of life by ensuring reliable and well-managed infrastructure through professional services. To that end, the Engineering Division plans, secures financing, and manages the performance of basic amenities such as City streets, pavement, traffic signals, streetlights, and the City’s extensive storm water and wastewater systems.
The Engineering Division of the Department of Public Works consists of the following lines of business:
- Fiscal Services - Provides financial support services to City staff, the development community, and the public so they can successfully complete their business.
- Advanced Planning - Manages asset inventories, master plans and special studies to identify current and future deficiencies in the City's sewer, pavement, storm drain, wastewater disposal, and street systems to ensure that the City's infrastructure will adequately serve the community now and in the future.
- Project Delivery - Design/Survey - Manages the delivery of Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs) through the entire life cycle to meet or exceed quality, scope, schedule and cost committments to ensure that the city's infrastructure will adequately serve the community now and in the future.
- Real Property - Provides full real estate support for all City Departments so they can successfully complete their mission.
Location and Hours of Operation
We are located in the newly remodeled Public Services Building, across from Council Chambers, and look forward to serving you!
276 4th Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Business: (619) 691-5021
Fax: (619) 691-5171
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For further Engineering contact information please click HERE.
For Engineering Permits, please click HERE.
Committed to Engineering a Higher Quality of Life.