How You Can Help:
The City of Chula Vista Code Enforcement Division assists Chula Vista communities with eliminating public nuisance vehicles from our neighborhoods.
What type of violations does Code Enforcement investigate?
- Dismantled, inoperable or wrecked vehicles, boats, campers, trailers, or parts thereof on private property stored in public view.
- Vehicles illegally parked on designated lawn areas.
- Auto repair in residential areas.
- Maintain your vehicles in operating condition with inflated tires.
- Vehicles must be able to be driven safely on a roadway.
- Do not leave a vehicle parked on a public street in the same place for more than 72 hours.
- Make sure your vehicles parked on a public street are currently registered. Any vehicle with expired registration over six months may be impounded without notice by the police department.
If you own an inoperable vehicle, please repair it immediately. If it is not worth repairing, you can have it towed to a local tow yard and possily receive some money for it, or you can donate it to a charitable organization and receive a tax deduction.
Who can file a complaint?
Anyone who feels a vehicle (or parts) is in violation.
Who do I contact and what information is needed?
Complaints may be filed with the Code Enforcement Division in person,
by mail, telephone, or e-mail.
When making a report, please provide the following information:
- The specific address or location where the vehicle is located
- Description, make and color if known
- Condition of the vehicle (flat tire, missing engine, wrecked, dismantled,
- Your name, address and phone number. No anonymous complaints
will be received.
City of Chula Vista
Development Services Department
Code Enforcement Division
276 Fourth Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Tel: (619) 691-5280
Fax: (619) 585-5681