The City of Chula Vista uses Accelas VelocityHall™ for its internet
permit program. VelocityHall™ allows
building permit research, inspection scheduling and issuance of minor residential permits via the internet. To access Velocity Hall™, click here.
Who can use VelocityHall™
Anyone can log on to the website and research permits. However, to schedule inspections or pull minor residential
permits you must be a licensed contractor and register with Accela and the City of Chula Vista.
There are no usage fees to research permits or schedule inspections. Usage fees to pull a permit via VelocityHall™ are
$5.00 per transaction plus 13% of the permit fee. All fees must be paid for by VISA or MasterCard.
To access VelocityHall™ for building permit research go to the website, click on Check/Research a Permit and follow
the prompts. Permits can be researched by address, permit number or state contractors license number.
Note: Building permit history online only goes back to December 1992.
To schedule inspections using VelocityHall™ you must be a licensed contractor and be registered in the program. Once
registered go to the website, click on Check/Schedule Inspections and follow the prompts.
Minor Residential Permits
The following minor residential permits can be pulled via VelocityHall™ -
electric meter reset, miscellaneous wiring, water heater replacement, water line repair or alteration, gas meter reset,
gas line repair or alteration, installation or replacement of FAU and A/C units.
Registration Instructions If you are a licensed contractor, register with Accela and the City Of Chula Vista to use VelocityHall™.
Register with Accela:
- Log on to Velocity Hall™
- Select California - Chula Vista
- Click on GO
- Click on My Permit Manager
- Click on Register here
- Complete the My Permit Manager New User Registration information and submit to Accela
- When registration with Accela is complete, Accela will send you an e-mail confirmation
Register with the City Of Chula Vista
- Complete the Internet Permitting Form
- The city will verify your state contractors license number and Chula Vista business license number.
- Once authorized to use VelocityHall™ for Chula Vista we will send you an e-mail confirmation.
Should you have any questions or require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at 619-691-5272.