City Of Chula Vista
Like Us on Facebok   Follow us on Twitter - ThinkChulaVista!   

City of Chula Vista Site Map Contact Us City Calendar of Events Frequently Asked Questions City Services What's New In Chula Vista Chula Vista Attractions About Chula Vista Chula Vista Home
Development Services Down Arrow
Development Svcs CenterDown Arrow

Process Guides
Forms & Specifications
Fee Information

  Development Services


Residential Utility Permits

A permit is required if you are installing, repairing, upgrading, resetting, replacing, or relocating any of the following:

Temporary power pole, temporary service pedestal, electrical service panel, electric meter, temporary power on a permanent base, overhead to underground conversion, wiring/conduit.

Water heater and/or vent, water piping system, sewer lateral (main to property line), building sewer (property line to house), gas meter, gas piping system.

FAU or gravity type furnace with ducts/vent, floor, suspended or recessed wall heater, floor furnace including vent, A/C condenser/comfort cooling unit (A/C system), air handling unit including ducts.

Residential Utility Permit Requirements

  • Completed Utility Worksheet (Residential)
  • SDG&E work order required before issuing permits to upgrade electric service, reset or relocate meters, and set temporary power poles or service pedestals.

Residential utility permits are generally issued over the counter after payment of fees. For a list of fees see the Utility Worksheet (Residential)

If you are a licensed contractor with an active City of Chula Vista business license you can obtain certain minor residential utility permits and schedule inspections on-line through Velocity Hall . To sign-up, complete and return to the Planning & Building Department an Internet Permitting Form.


City Of Chula Vista



Arrrow Back To Top  


©2013 City of Chula Vista. All Rights Reserved.

Employees Only