Building Envelope Maintenance
The shell of the building protects occupants and material goods as well as controlling air and water leakage. Comfort, energy and money savings, health issues and protection of goods are at stake.
- Roofs - Check for damage due to expansion and contraction.
- Walls - Check for cracks and separations due to foundation settlement or seismic activity.
- Insulation - Toxic mold may flourish due to water leakage or condensation.
- Doors - Check weather stripping and hardware for wear and alignment.
- Windows – Check caulking and weather stripping to protect against water and air leakage. Shading devices or reflective window film can be a great cost saver.