Cooling Tower Maintenance
Important items to check and things to do.
- Check air intakes and eliminators for blockage
- Check sprayer heads for blockage
- Clean sump of all biological organisms
- Service fan
- Condenser water is exposed to contaminants from outside air, things like leaves, pollution and pigeons.
- Algae can slime the condenser tube bundles reducing flow.
- Sump and exposed water can freeze during cold weather operation.
- Algaecides still needed for condenser tube bundles.
- The use of anti-freeze makes cold weather operation much safer.
- Drain spray system and sump for cold weather operation.