New Energy Efficiency Standards Take Effect July 1, 2014
Register for Our FREE Workshops
• View the complete 2013 Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• View appendices, compliance manuals and other documents
• Get personal assistance on Title 24, part 6
Zero Net Energy (ZNE)
California has a goal to make all new homes Zero Net Energy (ZNE) by 2020 and all new commercial buildings ZNE by 2030. A ZNE building uses a combination of energy efficiency and distributed renewable energy to meet 100 of its annual energy needs. Given the three year code cycle, only two versions of Title 24, Part 6 remain before ZNE will required by the code.
Get Help with Title 24, Part 6 Compliance
Chula Vista builders and developers havel resources available to help them understand and comply with California’s new Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24, Part 6), which take effect July 1, 2014.
Chula Vista Sustainability Desk
The City of Chula Vista offers personal assistance on Energy Code, Green Building Code and other green building topics at its Sustainability Desk every Thursday. Visit the Sustainability Desk (located at the Development Services Permit Counter at 276 Fourth Avenue) on Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or contact Lynne Mitschke at (619) 407-3552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Code Tool
Identify and generate all the Energy Code documents you will need for Project Submittal through final Inspection. For Residential additions and alterations only.
EnergyCode Ace offers a variety of free online tools, training sessions and reference documents to help builders meet the requirements of Title 24, Part 6. The site, developed by the Statewide Codes and Standards Program, includes the following resources:
• Ace Forms – Helps you determine which compliance forms are applicable to your specific project
• Ace Reference – Helps you navigate Title 24, Part 6 with key word searches and hyperlinked tables.
• Ace Installation – A field guide that can be downloaded and placed in a binder to help installers understand proper techniques.
• Ace Training – Online and in-person training sessions.
• Ace Resources – Fact sheets, checklists and more
California Energy Commission Hotline
The CEC’s Energy Standards Hotline is available to answer your Title 24, Part 6 questions at (800) 772-3300 or email@example.com. The CEC’s Blueprint newsletter is available at www.energy.ca.gov/efficiency/blueprint.
New 2013 Standards