City Of Chula Vista
Like Us on Facebok   Follow us on Twitter - ThinkChulaVista!   

City of Chula Vista Site Map Contact Us City Calendar of Events Frequently Asked Questions City Services What's New In Chula Vista Chula Vista Attractions About Chula Vista Chula Vista Home

CVFD Home Down Arrow
About CVFD
Stations & Locations
CVFD Photographs
Job Opportunities
Recovery After A Fire
Education Programs
Safety Information
Water Safety
  Fire Department

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a fire inspection for my business?    
Contact the Fire Department at 619-691-5055, between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and schedule an appointment with the secretary.    

Where do I dispose of a used fire extinguisher?    
Fire extinguishers may be disposed of if they have been depressurized. The extinguisher is then considered ‘metallic waste’. City residents can dispose of these items by contacting Pacific Waste Services at 619-421-9400, and schedule a ‘Bulky Item Pick-Up’. This request must be made two days before their regular trash service day.    

Where can I dispose of household hazardous materials?    
Residents ONLY of Chula Vista, Imperial Beach and National City may dispose of these items at a Chula Vista facility. The facility is open from 9:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M., on Saturdays. Please call 619-691-5122 for directions and instructions on how to use this facility.    

Is there a fee for Fire Department plan check review?    
Fees are charged for the following plan checks: Fire Sprinkler Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Hood Fire Suppression Systems, and Private Fire Hydrants. The fees include initial review and final field inspection services.    

How long does it take for plan check review by the Fire Department?    
The Fire Department normally processes these reviews in approximately three working days.    

What size fire extinguisher do I need for my home or business?    
The minimum size fire extinguisher for a business or multi-family residence is 2A-10BC for every 6000 square feet of area, and not to exceed 75 feet of travel distance to access the extinguisher. Single-family residences should consider the area they wish to protect and be guided by the vendor’s recommendation.    

Do you service fire extinguishers?    
No. Several businesses that sell and service fire extinguishers are listed in the yellow pages of the telephone book.    

Where can I get a CPR class?    
Check the available Heartsaver CPR information.    

Who do I contact to report a need for weed abatement?    
Notify the Fire Department secretary at 619-691-5055, Monday through Friday, 7:00 A.M.–5:00P.M. and she will take a complaint and forward it to the Fire Prevention Division.    

Where do I dispose of an out of compliance LPG cylinder?    
The cylinder must be purged and empty before it can be recycled. City residents can contact Pacific Waste Services at 619-421-9400 and schedule a ‘Bulky Item Pick-Up’. This phone call must be placed two days prior to the resident’s regular trash service day for pick-up that week.    

Where can I dispose of a Christmas tree?    
Each year, Chula Vista residents can recycle their Christmas trees by placing them out at the curb with their regular trash for pick-up between December 26 and January 5. The trees must not exceed 48-inches in length. Longer trees must be cut to this size. Metal tree stands must be removed. Wooden stands are acceptable. Flocked trees will be picked-up as regular trash. City residents living in apartments should contact their apartment manager for information regarding FREE Christmas Tree Pick-Up. Trees will be collected one day a week at each apartment complex when scheduled through Pacific Waste Services.    

City Of Chula Vista



Arrrow Back To Top  


©2013 City of Chula Vista. All Rights Reserved.

Employees Only