The Chula Vista Police Department and community partners held a highly successful National Night Out Against Crime event at PD headquarters.
An estimated 700+ community members turned out to participate in the largest event ever held at the CVPD.
National Night Out (NNO) is a national event designed to send a strong message to criminals that the community is united against crime. It also serves as a venue for neighbors to get to know neighbors, as well as the officers who serve the community.
"This event was a highly effective, inexpensive and enjoyable way to promote neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships in the fight for a safer community," said, Chief David Bejarano.
Chula Vista's NNO event, coordinated by CVPD Area Commanders Roxana Kennedy & Phil Collum, along with Officers Leo Banales and Alan dela Pena, featured many displays, demonstrations and events for the whole family, including:
- Tours of Police Headquarters
- Food and drink provided by the U.S. Olympic Training Center, Chula Vista
- Free Child-ID kits for children supplied by Farmers Insurance
- A Chula Vista Fire Department demonstration of the "Jaws of Life"
- Hourly police K9 demonstrations
- Displays by the Chula Vista Police Department SWAT team, Traffic Enforcement Unit, Mobile Field Force and many others
- Special discounted offers on "The Club" auto-theft device
- Games, toys, and giveaways for children, supported by Wal-Mart and Target
- Crime prevention information for adults
This is the 27th Annual National Night Out Against Crime.
The Chula Vista Police Department hopes to make its event an annual occurrence.
Police Public Information Office