The two latest cases happened Wednesday, January 12 and Thursday, January 13, 2011. The incident on Wednesday January 12 happened at 2:45 p.m. in the 100 block of Palomar Street. A 15-year old teenager stated that she was walking home from school when a male suspect ran up to her, grabbed her between the legs, then ran away.
The second case happened Thursday, January 13th at approximately 2:50 p.m. on Fourth Avenue near I street. The 16-year old victim was walking home from school northbound on the 600 block of Fourth Avenue when a male suspect ran up behind her, grabbed her buttocks, turned around and fled on foot.
Please click here to see the composite bulletin.
The following is a list of the cases and suspect descriptions.
- Date/Time: Sun., 09/19/10 @ 8:00 p.m.
- Suspect: Male, 5’6”, 150 lbs, medium build wearing black hat, black hoodie, jeans
- Victim: HFA, 21 yrs, wearing a skirt
- Date/Time: Wed., 10/06/10 @ 12:19 p.m.
- Suspect: HM, 17-18 yrs, 5’5”, 130 lbs, medium build wearing brown hat, white t-shirt and black jeans
- Victim: HFA, 28 yrs, wearing a skirt
- Date/Time: Tues., 10/12/10 @ 8:01 p.m.
- Suspect: HMA, 35-38, 6’0”, 200 lbs, heavy build, black hair, possibly in a 2000 white Jeep Cherokee
- Victim: WFA, 57 yrs, wearing gym shorts and tank top
- Date/Time Fri., 11/05/10 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Suspect: PW/HMA, 18-20, 5'9", 175 lbs, red t-shirt, blue jeans
- Victim: HFA, 29 yrs, wearing jeans
- Date/Time: Thur., 11/25/10 @ 18:42
- Suspect: HMA, 25-30, 5’6”, 160 lbs, brown hair wearing a grey hoodie, blue jeans, and black sneakers
- Date/Time: Fri., 11/26/10 @ 9:40 p.m.
- Suspect: BMA, 25 yrs, 5’11”, 150 lbs, thin, wearing black hoodie, black pants, black shoes
- Victim: HFA, 24 yrs, wearing workout pants
- Date/Time: Fri., 01/07/11@ 10:15
- Suspect: HMA, brown sweater with a hood
- Victim: HFA, 21 yrs, wearing pants
- Date/Time: Fri., 01/07/11 @ 11:00 a.m.
- Location: G St & Fifth Ave.
- Suspect:green hoodie, jeans, green beanie
- Victim: HFJ, 15 yrs, wearing pants
- Date/Time: Wed., 01/12/11 @ 2:45 p.m.
- Suspect: W\HMA, 20s, 5'8", lt skin, black hair, blk t-shirt, blue jeans
- Victim: HFA, 16 yrs, wearing shorts with leggings
- Date/Time: Thu., 01/13/11 @ 14:49
- Suspect: HMA, 20s, 5'8", goatee, thin, white t-shirt, grey hoodie
The Police Department would like to remind all residents of the following precautions:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid distractions from cell phones, I-Pods, etc.
- Walk confidently and at a steady pace.
- If you think you are being followed, walk toward an area that is well lit and well populated.
- Be careful when people stop you for directions or money. Always reply from a distance.
- Never get too close to solicitors who are in cars.
- If you are in trouble or feel you are in danger, don’t be afraid to attract help any way you can; scream, yell, or run away to safety.
- Be a good witness, pay attention to detail.
If you have been a victim or see suspicious activity, call the Chula Vista Police Department at (619) 691-5151. In an emergency call 911.
By taking a few minor precautions and being observant we can all help to increase safety in our community.
Police Public Information Office