Since mid-May of 2010 there have been more than 100 car window smashes in the City of Chula Vista. The majority of the vandalism has taken place in the early morning hours in residential neighborhoods along the 805 corridor, south of H Street.
Please report suspicious activities to the Chula Vista Police Department at (619) 691-5151.
Tips to lessen you chances of being a victim:
- If possible park in your garage or carport, if not then in your driveway.
- Park in well-lighted areas.
- Make sure your windows are completely rolled up and your doors locked.
- Make sure you don't leave valuables in your car, but if you must then place them in the trunk.
- Make sure your car alarm is activated.
Report suspicious activity to police, things like:
- People lurking about, looking in car windows.
- Vehicles moving slowly up and down your street.
- Car alarms going off in your neighborhood.
Help us get these vandals off the street. If you see something suspicious please call our non-emergency line at (619) 691-5151, or if there is an emergency call 911.
Police Public Information Office