Since January 2012, there has been a spike in specific crimes in East Chula Vista.
· Residential Burglaries
· Vehicle Burglaries
· Stolen/Recovered Vehicles
The majority of these crimes have occurred in the neighborhoods surrounding View Park Ln. and East Palomar St. The Chula Vista Police Department has been working diligently to decrease the frequency of these crimes and would like to offer the following prevention tips that can help reduce the potential of being victimized:
· Ensure that your home (doors, windows, garage) and vehicles are locked and secured.
· Do not leave valuables in plain view.
· If you should leave your home for an extended amount of time, make arrangements with a trusted person to look after your house (pick up mail, newspaper, move trashcans in/out, move car, etc.).
· Be a good witness and call the Police Department at (619) 691-5151 when you observe suspicious activity.
For tips regarding any crime prevention topic, please refer to the Chula Vista Police Department Website (www.chulavistapd.org) or the National Crime Prevention Council’s website at www.ncpc.org.
Police Public Information Office