The Chula Vista Police Reserve, a volunteer organization comprised of academy trained Police Reserve Officers, augments the department by assisting with routine patrol functions, special events, Traffic and Bicycle Team. Reserve officers are required to attend the Police Academy for POST certification.
How to Apply
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license
- Must meet United States citizenship requirements as defined under California Government Code sections 1031(a) and 1031.5
- Graduation from United States high school or possess GED.
- No felony convictions as a juvenile or adult and cannot be on probation.
- No domestic violence convictions and cannot be subject of any domestic violence court restraining order.
- Must have a good character and reputation.
- Must have completed a basic police or reserve academy.
Call the Reserve Unit for an application or stop by the Chula Vista Police Department and pick one up.
We hire reserves for Level I, II or III