City Of Chula Vista
Like Us on Facebok   Follow us on Twitter - ThinkChulaVista!   

City of Chula Vista Site Map Contact Us City Calendar of Events Frequently Asked Questions City Services What's New In Chula Vista Chula Vista Attractions About Chula Vista Chula Vista Home
Whats New Arrow
All News Releases  
City Calendar  
Community Connection Newsletter  
Newsletter Archives  
blocker blocker


  What's New

Back To News

Deadline For Civil Service Commission Applications – June 27
Are you interested in volunteering to serve your community? If you’re a Chula Vista resident who is 18 years or older, consider serving a four-year term on the City’s Civil Service Commission.

This five-person panel representing the community is a neutral third party that enforces the rules of the Civil Service System and has the final say in determining whether the City has acted appropriately in disciplining or terminating its employees.

Candidates must attend one hour monthly meetings and an occasional public hearing that may require a time commitment of several hours over a two day period.

The Civil Service Commission works closely with the Human Resources Department. It holds public hearings and provides recommendations to the City Council regarding the adoption, amendment, or repeal of Civil Service rules and regulations. Commission members also hear appeals of permanent classified employees who are facing suspension, demotion or dismissal.

Currently, there is one vacancy on the Commission. It is essential that all five seats on this commission be filled. To apply for this position, candidates must submit their application by June 27.

To be eligible to serve on the Civil Service Commission, a candidate must be 18 years or older and a registered voter in the City of Chula Vista. Current city employees are not eligible.

City leaders are making important decisions that will shape Chula Vista’s future. Participation by residents is vital to this public process. Make a difference in the way we work and live. There is no greater reward than serving your community.

Those interested in serving on the Civil Service Commission can pick up an application at the City Clerk’s Office at 276 Fourth Avenue (619) 691-5041, or download an application online by visiting

City Of Chula Vista



Arrrow Back To Top  


©2013 City of Chula Vista. All Rights Reserved.

Employees Only