|Art Winners on Display at South Library
Experience the amazing art talent that resides in Chula Vista! The City of Chula Vista’s National Arts Program winners will be on display at the South Chula Vista Branch Library in the Rosemary Lane Galería beginning June 2. The South Branch is located at 389 Orange Ave.
The National Arts Program allows entries at all skill levels and awards cash prizes for the winners. Entries are judged in four categories -- Amateur, Intermediate, Professional, and Youth -- by visual arts professionals from the San Diego Museum of Art and the Mingei International Museum.
The 2008 adult winners are:
- Amateur - Joe Lloyd Page Jr., Alexa Rodriguez and Florence Berg; Honorable Mention – Marisol Abbott
- Intermediate - Harumi Baloy (Best in Show: Adult), Twyla Baker and Julyen Juarez; Honorable Mention – Jean Spafford
- Professional -Corey Booker, Del Herbert and Bella Cao; Honorable Mention – Gloria Galbraith
Youth winners include:
- Youth Under 12 -Ariela Atenstein (Best in Show: Youth), Rebeca Valenzuela and Michelle Gomez; Honorable Mention – Micaela Mares
- Youth 12 – 18 - Charlotte Soto, Monserat Mora and Corgi Castorena; Honorable Mention: Vito Miguel Trentadue.
“Each year we receive a wonderful array of art work’” said Roderick Reinhart, the library’s Assistant Director. “This year we received an even greater quantity than before, which made the judging more difficult,” continued Reinhart. The program is sponsored by the National Arts Program Foundation and supported by the City of Chula Vista. For more information, contact Dency Souval, the exhibit organizer at (619) 421-9208.