City Of Chula Vista
Like Us on Facebok   Follow us on Twitter - ThinkChulaVista!   

City of Chula Vista Site Map Contact Us City Calendar of Events Frequently Asked Questions City Services What's New In Chula Vista Chula Vista Attractions About Chula Vista Chula Vista Home
Whats New Arrow
All News Releases  
City Calendar  
Community Connection Newsletter  
Newsletter Archives  
blocker blocker


  What's New

Back To News

Looking for a great facility to conduct your groupís new dance class or maybe a baseball tournament each year? The Recreation Department of the City of Chula Vista is sending out a Request for Proposal (RFP) to find individuals, non-profits, schools, and businesses who may be interested in entering into a multi-year agreement to use City recreation facilities. These can be used to provide classes, services, and programs at City facilities when they are not being used by the City. Goals of the project are to provide more opportunities for the public to access recreation facilities, offer more programs to the public, have increased community use of these City facilities, and receive new revenue to support after school programming. The City and selected contractors will negotiate a fee, via a license agreement, to ensure that these new programs are self-sustaining and cover all City costs. These agreements will then be brought forward to the City Council for consideration.

The RFP, which specifies the days, times, and rooms available by facility, is available on the City website at Deadline to apply is July 31 for receiving initial proposals. Proposals can also be submitted for six months after July 31 to allow for more program opportunities.In addition to the proposed RFP, the Recreation Department also currently utilizes individual, independent contractor instructors to teach a variety of recreation classes and programs throughout the City. There are also a variety of rooms and sports fields for rent at all recreation facilities. Anyone interested in becoming an independent contractor instructor or renting a room or sports field may call (619) 409-5979 for additional information or visit the Departmentís website at .

City Of Chula Vista



Arrrow Back To Top  


©2013 City of Chula Vista. All Rights Reserved.

Employees Only