- (3) copies of a Plot/Site Plan & (2) copies of Construction Plans
- Permit fees are currently $250 (flat rate) for residential Solar PV systems, while commercial permits start at $2,544.82 (100 or less panels).
Step 4: Plan Check Process
The Plan Check process usually is 10 calendar days for an initial review. Follow-up reviews (rechecks) are an additional 10 days.
Step 5: Building Permit Issued
After all of the required approvals are received, the City's Development Services Department will issue a building permit and Solar PV installation can proceed.
Step 6: Installation Inspection
After the Solar PV system is installed, a Building Inspector will assess the bolting of the panels to the roof structure as well as all aspects of the electrical system including grounding, sub-panels, and inverter. Building inspections can be scheduled by calling 619-409-5434 and choosing "Option 1."
Other Important Permitting Contact Info
Department of Development Services
Public Services Building 200
276 Fourth Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Planning Division - (619) 691-5101
Building Division - (619) 691-5272
Building Inspection - (619) 409-5434
- Schedule Inspection: Option 1
- Inspection Results: Option 3
- Plan Review Status: Option 4
Monday - Thursday 10:00AM - 4:00PM*
*New Building Permit Submittals accepted until 3:00 pm
To learn more, please visit the Development Service Department's more-detailed Solar PV Permitting website by clicking here.