Special Events

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Special Events

Chula Vista is a great place to hold an event!  From the bayside to the mountains, we have great locations for your event.

Apply for a Special Event Permit

Apply for a Block Party Permit

Apply for a Filming Permit

If you are having an events or activity in the City of Chula Vista that will impact public right of way or include components requiring the coordination of a number of city departments or other agencies, you will need to obtain a Special Event Permit. These activities include but are not limited to:


  • Street closures
  • Providing/selling alcohol to the public
  • Food/merchandise sales or distribution
  • Use of city utilities
  • Single tent or connected tents greater than 700 sq. ft.
  • Temporary structures
  • Modification of facility/park hours of operation
  • Use of generators greater than 10kw

Activities with components listed above are typically reviewed and approved through the Special Event Permit Process. Examples include festivals, parades, and runs/walks.

Applications must be submitted at least 45 days prior to event start date. Depending on the nature of your event, additional permitting and approvals also may be required, including: 

  • Facilities/Park Use Permits
  • Chula Vista Business License
  • Fire Marshall permits
  • Alcohol Beverage Control license
  • Recycling Plan Approval

Special Event Permit Guidelines (PDF)

Print Version Special Event Permit Application (PDF)

Apply for a Special Event Permit Now

Statement of Fees (PDF) Must accompany payment at Finance counter.

There is a $150 Special Event Fee for events without street closures; $300 fee for events with street closure(s). Other rental fees, inspection fees, and staff costs may apply.

Other Special Event Related Permits

If your event will take place on property other than, or in addition to, city property (park, recreation center, etc.), city streets and/or public right-of-ways, you are required to secure use of your desired venue prior to submitting your Special Event Permit Application.

Special Event Planning Guideline Topics

Special Event Recycling Plan

For applications NOT submitted online (hard copies), please mail your completed application and any required attachments to:

Office of the City Manager
Attn: Special Events
276 Fourth Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910

Not sure if your event qualifies as a special event? Call 619-409-5445 and speak with a city staff member directly.





View Full Site