Block Party Permit
The Office of Communications issues block party permits to city residents, provided that certain conditions are met. These conditions have been established to ensure the safety of our community members, as well as to prevent excessive inconvenience to neighboring residents and businesses. Review the Block Party Rules and Conditions.
Steps to submitting a Block Party Application with the City of Chula Vista:
2. Have your neighbors sign the Block Party Signature Authorization Form
3. Sign the Block Party Affidavit of Applicant Form
5. Include a map of your block party layout.
6. Fill out the Online Block Party Permit Application and upload the documents listed above.
7. Submit your completed Block Party Permit Application online.
8. Pay the $50 Block Party Permit Fee. Complete the Statement of Fees, which must accompany payment at Finance Dept. located within City Hall.
If you prefer to submit via mail, Download a PDF Application
Please complete the Block Party Permit Application form, and submit it to the Office of Communications. Permit requests may be submitted online, in person or by mail.
The Office of Communications will approve or deny the permit application and inform you of that decision at least 5 business days prior to the scheduled date of your event.
City of Chula Vista
Office of Communications
276 Fourth Ave.
Chula Vista, CA 91910