Congratulations #THISisChula Photo Contest winners!
More than 100 photos were submitted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. From parks and playgrounds to the bay and the lakes – we had a great selection to choose from! Here are the winners
Grand Prize Winner
Photo to be displayed on a billboard in June
A) Ed Banaña – Kayaks on the Otay Lakes shore at sunrise
Two Second Place Winners
VIP concert package at Mattress Firm Amphitheatre
B) Eddie Flores – Chula Vista Marina at sunset.
C) John T Taylor – Drone over Aquatica
Third Place Winner
Family Four Pack to Aquatica
D) Ernesto Rivera – J Street Marina at sunset.
Fourth Place Winners
Family Four Pack to Living Coast Discovery CenterE) Pedro Anaya –Danza Azteca
F) Michelle Levy – Otay Lake
#THISisChula Photo Contest
A call for entries was promoted on social and in the news media to solicit photographs. More than 100 entries were received. City staff convened a panel to review and select the winning photos. The panel included a Cultural Arts Commissioner, student intern and City staff.
Contest Details: To celebrate the sights, scenery, and splendor in Chula Vista, we are looking for the best THIS is Chula photos. To enter, post your THIS is Chula photo to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #THISisChula. Only posts from May 5 to May 16, 2017 will be considered. The Grand Prize will be the winning photo featured on ExploreChulaVista.com or on a THIS is Chula billboard in June! (To be featured on the billboard, the photo must be high enough resolution.) Other prizes include VIP tickets to concerts at Mattress Firm Amphitheatre, tickets to Aquatica, and more.
- The photo must be recognizably taken in the City of Chula Vista, California (e.g., in front of or of a landmark, building, park, etc).
- The photo must be posted to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) between May 5 and May 16, 2017. Please make sure your post can be seen by the public and not just friends.
- The photo must include the hashtag #THISisChula.
- No limit on number of photos submitted.
- Contest is open to everyone.
- All submitted photography must be original work.
- Photos must be posted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to be considered.
- The photographer and all subjects in the photo will sign a waiver release form if selected as a winner.
- The photo must be high enough resolution to be featured on the billboard. There will not be the opportunity to re-take the photo.
- If photo is selected for prize consideration, photographer will acknowledge understanding of rules listed below and will receive permission from any subjects in the photo before it is posted on the billboard, in social media, on ExploreChulaVista.com or chulavistaca.gov, in press release(s), or any other advertising or promotion efforts. The City of Chula Vista will provide the waiver release form.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.
The winning photo will be featured on ExploreChulaVista.com and may be featured on a #THISisChula billboard in San Diego County in June (if the photo is high enough resolution).
One runner-up will receive two tickets to see Brad Paisley at Mattress Firm Amphitheatre.
Second runner-up will receive two tickets to see Rebelution at Mattress Firm Amphitheatre.
Other Prizes:Tickets to Aquatica, The Living Coast Discovery Center.
By entering this photo contest I give the City of Chula Vista and its departments permission to use my name, image, and stories that are submitted on the given social media platform. I agree that the City of Chula Vista has complete ownership of such pictures once they are submitted etc., including the entire copyright, and may use them for any purpose consistent with THIS is Chula missions. I acknowledge that in order for my photo to be selected as a winner for any prize or promotion related to this contest I will provide a signed photo release(s) from any/all subjects in the photo. These uses include, but are not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including the Internet. I acknowledge that I am not entitled to receive any compensation for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release the City and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.