Get Help with Green Building and
Energy Efficiency Compliance
Chula Vista's building community has resources available to help you understand and comply with California’s latest Building and Energy Efficiency requirements!
- Chula Vista Sustainability Desk
- Energy Code Tool
- Energy News, Updates and Tips
- California Energy Commission (CEC) Hotline
Chula Vista Sustainability Desk
The City of Chula Vista offers personal assistance on Energy Code (Title 24, Part 6), Green Building Code (CalGreen - Title 24, Part 11) and other green building topics at its Sustainability Desk every Thursday. Visit the Development Services Permit Counter at 276 Fourth Avenue on Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or contact Lynne Mitschke at (619) 407-3552 or email@example.com.
Energy Code Tool
Energy Code Ace is a website that helps you identify and generate all the Energy Code documents you will need for Project Submittal through final Inspection (for additions and alterations only).
The Energy Code Ace website also offers a variety of free online tools, training sessions and reference documents to help builders meet Energy Code requirements. The site, developed by the California Codes and Standards Program, includes the following resources:
• Ace Forms – Helps you determine which compliance forms are applicable to your specific project
• Ace Reference – Helps you navigate the Energy Code with key word searches and hyperlinked tables.
• Ace Installation – A field guide that can be downloaded and placed in a binder to help installers understand proper techniques.
• Ace Training – Online and in-person training sessions.
• Ace Resources – Fact sheets, checklists and more
California Energy Commission (CEC) Hotline
The CEC’s Energy Standards Hotline is available to answer your Energy Code questions at (800) 772-3300 or the CEC's web hotline. The CEC’s Blueprint newsletter is available at www.energy.ca.gov/efficiency/blueprint.