The City of Chula Vista Code Enforcement Division assists Chula Vista communities with eliminating public nuisance vehicles from our neighborhoods.
What type of violations does Code Enforcement investigate?
- Dismantled, inoperable or wrecked vehicles, boats, campers, trailers, or parts thereof on private property stored in public view.
- Vehicles illegally parked on designated lawn areas.
- Auto repair in residential areas.
How You Can Help:
- Maintain your vehicles in operating condition with inflated tires.
- Vehicles must be able to be driven safely on a roadway.
- Do not leave a vehicle parked on a public street in the same place for more than 72 hours.
- Make sure your vehicles parked on a public street are currently registered. Any vehicle with expired registration over six months may be impounded without notice by the police department.
Who can file a complaint?
Anyone who feels a vehicle (or parts) is in violation. If you believe there are code violations in your neighborhood, report the violation and Code Enforcement will provide the property owner with written notification of the violation to be corrected.
Report a ViolationOnline | Print & Fax/Mail Form | Phone (619) 691-5280 | ACT Chula Vista
When making a report, please provide the following information:
- The specific address or location where the vehicle is located
- Description, make and color if known
- Condition of the vehicle (flat tire, missing engine, wrecked, dismantled, etc.)
- Your name, address and phone number. No anonymous complaints will be received.