The Training Division’s primary objective is to provide effective and realistic training for all personnel based on fire service standards, information analysis, and emergency response demands. This includes (but is not limited to) training with live fire, emergency medical training and exposure to various rescue disciplines. Located adjacent to Fire Station 4, the Training Division is comprised of sworn and administrative personnel. The large tower behind the station is complemented by various rescue props and two classrooms.
Since 2007, the Training Division has also offered a variety of classes that are open to all emergency first responders in the region. Hosting these classes assist in keeping our personnel up-to-date with the latest training, as well as developing valuable professional relationships with other public safety personnel.
Upcoming classes and registrations for our agency and other locations are located on the San Diego Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) Website at the following link: UASI Website
Complete Class Listing
- Confined Space Rescue Technician (CSRT)
- Low Angle Rope Rescue Operations (LARRO)
- Rescue Systems One (RS1)
- Rope Rescue Technician (RRT)
- Structural Collapse Technician & Rescue Systems Two (SCT & RS2)
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician (SWRT)
- Trench Rescue (TRT)
Questions? Contact the Training Division
- Training Chief Mike Reeves: (619) 409-5969 | Office
- Training Programs Specialist Grace Knepper: (619) 409-5935 | Office
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (619) 409-5964