No expedited processing at Civic Center
Expedited processing available at the Otay Ranch Branch
Please schedule separate appointments for each passport applicant.
For example a family of 6 will need to schedule 6 appointments.
Items You Must Bring to Your Appointment:
- Application must be signed in front of the passport acceptance agent.
- Application must be filled out in BLACK INK.
- No correction fluid such as "White Out."
All documents must be original.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate, OR
- Previous U.S. passport*, OR
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth OR
- Naturalization Certificate, OR
- Certificate of Citizenship
*Note: For Minors under Age 16 you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s). See the State Department's website for further information for minors under 16.
3) Identification - Bring Original and One Photocopy of Front & Back
Submit a photocopy showing the front and back of the original Identification document presented. Copy must be one-sided on plain white, 8 1/2" X 11" standard paper.
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Government ID: city, state or federal
- Military ID: military and dependents
4) Passport Photos
- Photo Service is available at the Library for $15, OR
- Bring 1 color passport photo, 2x2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months (for further information visit the U.S. Department of State website).
5) and 6) TWO Required Payments – personal checks or money orders only (for both). No cash, credit or debit cards.
- One payable to the U.S. Department of State
- One payable to City of Chula Vista.
- Effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee will increase from $25 to $35
|Passport Book Application Service||FIRST
U.S. Department of State
City of Chula Vista
|Age 16 and older (valid 10 years)||$110||$35
|Under age 16 (valid 5 years)||$80||$35
|Passport Card Application
Service (not for travel by air)
|Age 16 and older (valid 10 years)||$30||$35
|Under age 16 (valid 5 years)||$15||$35
|If you apply for both passport book and card at the same time|
|Age 16 and older||$140||$35
|Under age 16||$95||$35
| Expedited Processing ONLY AT OTAY RANCH
- To estimate your passport fee Click Here
- Both parents must appear and present evidence that they are the child’s parents or legal guardians for a minor under 16 years of age.
- ALL applicants must be present.
- Please allow about 6 weeks for regular application processing.
- Tracking the status of your application:
Allow 7-10 day before checking status online at http://www.travel.state.gov
- Passport Card valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean only.
Each Application must have its own payment to the Department of State
No Cash or Credit/Debit Cards