Cart Placement: (Single-family households and businesses with carts)
Place your carts in the street with the wheels against the curb and the arrow on the lid pointing toward the street. The lid must be closed. Leave at least 1 1/2 feet between your trash, yard waste, and recycling containers so the automated collection equipment can easily pickup the containers. Please do not park your car in front of containers. If possible, park off the street on your scheduled service day.
Questions about your service, call Republic Services at (619) 421-9400.
Recycling Is Mandatory
- Per Chula Vista Municipal Code 8.25.050 it is mandatory that everyone in Chula Vista recycle.
- Additionally, State Assembly Bill 341 mandates that all commercial businesses in California recycle. AB 341 Fact Sheet.
- Businesses may also sell or donate recyclable and reusable materials to a recycling or reuse company.
- Republic Services can also provide recycling for loads of concrete, asphalt and wood. Additional materials may be recyclable as well, check with Republic Services before mixing the materials with trash.
- Questions? Would you like to schedule a free waste audit? Call Environmental Services at (619) 691-5122.