The City Council approved the Infrastructure, Facilities and Equipment Expenditure Plan which outlines how the $178 million in sales tax funds projected to be collected during the ten-year time frame could be allocated how funds are planned to be allocated. The 1/2 cent sales tax is considered a general tax and can be used for any lawful municipal purpose. The City has established a separate fund to track and account for income and expenses.
The following are the highest priority items for funding:
• Pave, maintain and repair neighborhood streets and fix potholes
• Upgrade or replace aging police, fire and 9-1-1 emergency response facilities, vehicles and equipment
• Replace storm drains to prevent sinkholes
• Upgrade irrigation systems to conserve water and save energy
• Make essential repairs to older libraries, senior center and recreation centers
• Improve our Traffic Signal Systems
• Repair our Sports Fields and Courts and Park Infrastructure
Citizens Oversight Committee
The Measure P Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) is composed of 16 members. The purpose of the COC is to review and report on all Measure P expenditure plans, financial reports, and audits. Eleven of the COC members serve as “Designated Members.” Designated Members nominated by local organizations and individuals such as the Chula Vista Chamber of Commerce, Chula Vista Youth Sports Council, Chula Vista Growth Management Oversight Commission, and the Chula Vista Police and Fire chiefs. The remaining five members are “At-Large Members” selected from a pool of applicants who applied directly to the City. “At-Large Members” include at least one resident from each of the four City Council districts.
Learn more about the Citizen Oversight Committee
Asset Management Program
To help identify the needs of our community and to evaluate the state of our infrastructure, the City formed the Asset Management Program Advisory Committee (AMPAC) in March 2014. The committee continues to provide input into setting priorities for the Asset Management Program which guides efforts to operate and maintain the City’s infrastructure in its natural and built environment.