The City of Chula Vista is committed to locating a four-year University and Innovation District on 375-acres of City-owned land in Eastern Chula Vista. The University and Innovation District will provide a collaborative learning and research environment for engaging students, faculty and corporations in the creation and application of knowledge for cross-border economic, social and cultural development.
The site is situated next to an 11,375-acre ecological preserve, less than two miles from the United States-Mexico international border, adjacent to the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center, and close to quality full-service master planned communities. The location offers incomparable views and access to future high-frequency transit and amenities. The University and Innovation District is planned to be California’s next great university.
With land acquisition for the University and Innovation District complete, work continues on preparing land use entitlement and environmental documents that will reduce the regulatory timeframes for future university and business projects to locate within the property. A recruitment process has begun to identify appropriate institutions to locate on the site.
- 375 acres dedicated to new University and Innovation district
- Located in thriving San Diego County urban area near U.S.-Mexico border
- New campus to serve 20,000 students
- Presentation - Project Overview and Vision
- Environmental Impact Report
- University Innovation District Master Plan - Sectional Planning Area Plan