Coronavirus COVID-19 UPDATE
The health and well-being of Chula Vista residents during the COVID-19 outbreak remains our top priority. Out of an abundance of caution, and in accordance with State Guidelines issued regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, the City of Chula Vista will modify operations. For detailed information please visit chulavistaca.gov/coronavirus.
Many City of Chula Vista operations continue despite City facility closures. Here is a list of City Services you can access online. The City Hall Complex (except for the Finance Counter), Public Works, City Recreation Centers, the Norman Park Senior Center and Chula Vista Public Libraries are closed until further notice. This closure includes library, cultural arts and recreation programming, as well as youth and adult sports held at local parks/fields. Critical Public Safety Operations continue. The CVPD lobby is open for limited services.
Parks and trails are open for limited use from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Parking lots will be open but restrooms, sports fields, gazebos/picnic tables and playground equipment remain closed. Face coverings and social distancing required. For more information regarding the Coronavirus, please visit: www.chulavistaca.gov/coronavirus
Rope Rescue Technician (RRT)
Grant Year 2018 | Feeback # 18-02729
- Date: -
- Location: Fire Station 4
850 Paseo Ranchero
Chula Vista, California 91911
- Introduction: This five (5) day course is designed to meet certification requirements for Rope Rescue Technician.
Rope Rescue Technician (RRT)
This five day course is designed to meet certification requirements for Rope Rescue Technician. After completion of this course students will take written and skills tests on chapter 5 and Chapter 6 per NFPA 1006 job performance requirements. This training will include the participants ability to evaluate, manage, and perform a technical rope rescue as described by NFPA 1006 and NFPA 1670. Topics: multi-point anchor systems, compound rope mechanical advantage systems, ascending and descending a fixed rope, fixed rope systems, patient pickoffs and highline systems.
- Prerequisite: Low Angle Roper Rescue Operational and Rescue Systems 1 (2009) OR Rescue Systems 1 (Prior to 2009) A copy of certificate must be given to the instructor the first day of class.
- Pre-Test Study Guide: A study guide will be electronically sent to attendees to prepare for a pass/fail requisite skills test to be delivered the first in class.
- Textbook and California State Fire Marshal certificate issued.
- Maximum of 24 students, minimum of 20 students are needed 30 days prior to start date or it will be cancelled.
- Cost $1,050.00
- Students will be notified approximately two weeks prior to the start of class if the class is cancelled.
- Refunds will be processed at that time.
- If the class is full and you would like to be added to the Wait List, please email us at Firetraining@chulavistaca.gov
- In the subject title type in: RRT Wait List Request
RRT, Grant Year 2018, Feedback # 18-02729.
Target Audience: UASI Sub-recipients: Currently affiliated with a public safety agency. Also, for those who work in a safety related field.
Registrants have sole responsibility to communicate event information to their agency supervisor / liaison. Tuition is non-refundable if a cancellation by Student is received within 30 days prior to the class start date. Failure to appear for registered training (“No Show”) or cancellation within 10 days prior to the event, may impair ability to register for future training. Tuition reimbursement, Backfill and/or Overtime is at the discretion of each agency. Individuals are directed to inquire with their own agency for approval and authorization.