Awareness and Preparation Forum: Training for houses of Worship and other gathering places
- Date: 05/13/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
276 Fourth Avenue
Chula Vista, California 91910
- Introduction: The Chula Vista Police Department invites individuals responsible for places of mass gathering (such as houses of worship, businesses, and employers) to attend a specialized training session about terrorism, active shooters and other mass threat events.
The Chula Vista Police Department is hosting a training session to bring awareness and learn about different strategies to overcome the challenges of an active shooter incident or other mass threat event.
- Participants will learn how to better:
- Identify potential threat indicators, and how to respond;
- Prepare physical spaces and participants to reduce the threat;
- Plan for an active shooter or other mass threat event;
- Respond to an active shooter or other mass threat event.
- This training is tailored specifically for individuals responsible for places of mass gatherings, such as houses of worship, businesses, and employers.
- Due to their specialized needs, this training will not address concerns for schools and participants at scholastic institutions, nor will it cover general active shooter information for the general public.
While open to the public, some of the material may be too graphic for those under the age of 12.
For questions, please contact Public Safety Analyst Sharyl Mesina at firstname.lastname@example.org.