Structural Collapse Specialist / Rescue Systems 2 (SCS/RS2)
Grant Year 2018 | Feedback # 18-02727
- Date: -
- Location: Fire Station 4
850 Paseo Ranchero
Chula Vista, California 91911
- Introduction: SCS / RS2 will prepare rescuers to recognizing hazards, using equipment and implementing techniques necessary to operate at structural collapse incidents.
Structural Collapse Specialist and Rescue Systems 2 (SCS/RS2)
This is the DHS/FEMA US&R Structural Collapse Specialist curriculum; which meets or exceeds NFPA 1670 and 1006 (most current editions). SCS / RS2 is an 8 day, 80 hours course which meets position description requirements for FEMA US&R Rescue Specialist, Officer, Manager and Safety Officer. SCS / RS2 will prepare rescuers to recognizing hazards, using equipment and implementing techniques necessary to operate at structural collapse incidents involving all types of construction.
- Prerequisite: Rescue Systems 1, Confined Space Rescue Technician, Rope Rescue Technician, Trench Rescue or Trench Rescue Technician (Provide copy of certificate the first day of class to the lead instructor)
- Flash drive with course material will be provided. A California State Fire Marshal certificate will be issued by State Fire Training (SFT) for Rescue Systems 2 and can be accessed on your login profile with SFT.
- Maximum of 24 students, minimum of 20 students are needed 10 days prior to start date or it will be cancelled.
- Cost $2,900.00
- If the class is full and you would like to be added to the Wait List, please email us at Firetraining@chulavistaca.gov
- In the subject title type in: SCS/RS2 Wait List Request
UASI SCS/RS2, Grant Year 2018, Feedback # 18-02727
Target Audience: UASI Sub-recipients: Currently affiliated with a public safety agency. Also, for those who work in a safety related field.
Registrants have sole responsibility to communicate event information to their agency supervisor / liaison. Tuition is non-refundable if a cancellation by Student is received within 30 days prior to the class start date. Failure to appear for registered training (“No Show”) or cancellation within 10 days prior to the event, may impair ability to register for future training. Tuition reimbursement, Backfill and/or Overtime is at the discretion of each agency. Individuals are directed to inquire with their own agency for approval and authorization.