S-212 Wildfire Chain Saw Use
- Date: -
- Location: Fire Station 4
850 Paseo Ranchero
Chula Vista, California 91911
- Introduction: This is an instructor-led course intended to be presented at the local level. The course lessons provide introduction to the function, maintenance and use of internal combustion engine powered chain saws, and their tactical wildland fire application.
- Define and apply chain saw safety standards as required by OSHA and agency handbooks, manuals, directives, and owner’s manuals.
- Identify and demonstrate basic chain saw operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and safety features.
- Demonstrate the tactical application of chain saws in fireline construction and mop up operations.
A NWCG S-212 certificate will be issued to students upon completion of the class.Note: Pre-course work will be sent to students via TargetSolutions.
- First day: Chula Vista Fire Station 4 / Training Division, 850 Paseo Ranchero, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Offsite Location: Otay Valley Regional Park
- Maximum of 20 students
- If the class is full and you would like to be added to the Wait List, please email us at Firetraining@chulavistaca.gov
- In the subject title type in: S-212 Wildfire Chain Saw Use Wait List Request
Tuition is non-refundable if a cancellation by Student is received within 15 days prior to the class start date. Failure to appear for registered training (“No Show”) or cancellation within 10 days prior to the event, may impair ability to register for future training.