Check out the City's Newsletter, Community Connection.
CHULA VISTA CHALLENGE TRIATHLON STREET CLOSURES FOR SUNDAY
On Sunday, August 12, the following Chula Vista streets will be intermittently closed between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. for the Chula Vista Challenge Triathlon Event. Chula Vista Police suggest if you live in the area or need to go somewhere in this area that you use alternate routes during the times listed or expect delays. MTS bus routes 933 and 934 have been adjusted to accommodate the event, however there may be delays on route 932.
• G Street between Quay and Marina Parkway in both directions
• Marina Parkway between G St. and F St. in both directions
• Lagoon Drive between Marina Parkway and Bay Boulevard in both directions
• Bay Boulevard between F Street and Stella Street in southbound direction
• Bay Boulevard between Stella Street and Anita Street in both directions
• Anita Street between Pacific Avenue and West Frontage Road in both directions
• West Frontage Road between Anita Street and Main Street in southbound direction
• Main Street between West Frontage Road and Interstate 5 northbound on-ramp in eastbound direction
• Main Street eastbound #2 lane between Interstate 5 onramp and Broadway
• Beyer Boulevard between Main Street and Coronado in both directions
• Both the southbound and northbound Main Street off-ramps along Interstate 5 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Motorists are advised to exit at Palomar Street to Broadway as a detour around the event.
• Motorists exiting southbound Interstate 5 at Palm Avenue should expect detours and major delays
• Bayshore Bikeway closed from J Street to the South Bay Salt Works in both directions.
The Chula Vista Challenge Triathlon is Chula Vista’s only triathlon, with approximately 1,400 event participants registered for the International, Half, Sprint and Kids events. The event begins and ends at Bayside Park. For more information, visit: http://www.chulavistachallenge.com/.