CHULA VISTA CHALLENGE TRIATHLON STREET CLOSURES FOR SUNDAY
On Sunday, August 11, KOZ Events has requested and been granted a temporary intermittent closure of the streets listed below between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. for the Chula Vista Challenge Triathlon Event.
• G St. between Quay and Marina Pkwy in both directions
• Marina Pkwy between G St. and F St. in both directions
• Lagoon Dr. between Marina Pkwy and Bay Blvd in both directions
• Bay Blvd between F St. and Stella St. in southbound direction
• Bay Blvd between Stella St. and Anita St. in both directions
• Anita St. between Pacific Ave. and West Frontage Rd. in both directions
• West Frontage Rd. between Anita St. and Main St. in southbound direction
• Main St. between West Frontage Rd. and Interstate 5 northbound on-ramp in eastbound direction
• Main St. eastbound #2 lane between Interstate 5 onramp and Broadway
• Beyer Blvd between Main St. and Coronado in both directions
• Both the southbound and northbound Main Street off-ramps along Interstate 5 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Traffic is suggested to exit at Palomar Street to Broadway, as a detour around the event.
• Motorists exiting southbound Interstate 5 at Palm Avenue should expect detours and major delays
• Bayshore Bikeway closed from J St. to the Salt Mine in both directions
The Chula Vista Challenge Triathlon is Chula Vista’s only triathlon, with approximately 1,400 event participants registered for the International, Half, Sprint and Kids events. For more information, visit: http://www.chulavistachallenge.com/