|This tax season don't deal with the frustration of misplaced forms and tax publications or struggle to answer tax questions. To help residents with their taxes, the Chula Vista Public Library has tax assistance offered by trained volunteers under the auspices of AARP, as well as paper copies of many tax forms and instruction booklets.
"We invite our residents to use the library's services to help prepare their taxes," said Library Director Betty Waznis. "Whether you need copies of forms of come in for personal assistance, the library is here to make this stressful and busy time easier."
Free tax help: Free personal tax assistance at two of the Chula Vista Public Library branches on the following days and times:
The library is unable to offer appointments in advance. The services is offered on a same day first come, first serve basis and will end on April 15. 2010.
- Civic Center Branch: AARP has scheduled sessions every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., starting February 9, 2010.
- South Chula Vista Branch: Beginning February 2, 2010, AARP is offering assistance on Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tax forms and instruction booklets: In addition, paper copies of most basic tax forms and booklets are available at all three of Chula Vista's branch libraries.
For more information, visit Chula Vista Library branches:
Or, you can just visit www.chulavistalibrary.com.
- Civic Center, 365 F Street, (619) 691-5069
- South Chula Vista, 389 Orange Avenue, (619)585-5755
- Eastlake, 1120 EastLake Parkway, (619) 397-3980