- What Every Responsible Pet Owner Should Know
- Pet Population Statistics
- Common Questions About Microchips
All dogs over the age of four months are required to be licensed and vaccinated against rabies. Learn more about our Rabies & Microchipping clinic.
All dogs are required to be leashed when off the owner's property
Dogs are required to be harnessed or safely enclosed while traveling in a vehicle
All premises where animals live must be kept sanitary, not constitute a fly breeding reservoir or infestation, not be a source of offensive odors, or be infected with human or animal disease.
No person shall treat an animal in a cruel or inhumane manner.
Owners/caretakers must provide pets with adequate food, water, shade and exercise.
- An estimate 52 million dogs and 57 million cats live with U.S. families.
- For every human born, 45 kittens and 15 puppies are also born.
- One female cat and her offspring can produce 420,000 cats in 7 years.
- One female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 puppies in 6 years.
- More than 12 million dogs and cats are euthanized in shelters each year.
- Millions more are abandoned in rural and urban areas.
- As many as 25% of dogs entering shelters each year are purebreds.
- Approximately 61% of all dogs entering shelters are euthanized.
- Approximately 75% of all cats entering shelters are euthanized.
- It costs approximately $100 to capture, house, feed, and eventually euthanize each stray animal -- a cost which all taxpayers eventually pay.
Please help reduce the number of unwanted dogs and cats by spaying/neutering your pet(s). There are many non-profit organizations that offer low-cost spaying/neutering programs if you need financial assistance.