Staff Liaison & Secretary
APPLICATION PERIOD NOW OPEN
DEADLINE TO APPLY JULY 31, 2020 5:00 p.m.
ROLE AND FUNCTION
The purpose of the Redistricting Commission is to recommend to the City Council adjustments to the boundaries of those districts, created by the previous Districting Commission, based on Federal Decennial Census information. District boundary criteria include:
(1) District shall have reasonably equal populations as required by the Federal and State constitutions.
(2) District boundaries shall be geographically compact and contiguous.
(3) District boundaries shall follow visible natural and man-made features, street lines and/or City boundary lines whenever possible.
(4) District boundaries shall respect communities of interest to the extent practicable. A community of interest is defined as a geographic area comprised of residents who share similar interests including, but not limited to, social, cultural, ethnic, geographic or economic interests, or formal government or quasi-governmental relationships, but not including relationships with political parties, incumbents, or candidates.
(5) District boundaries shall be drawn without regard for advantage or disadvantage to incumbents or challengers.
(6) District boundaries shall be drawn without regard for advantage or disadvantage to any political party.
REGULAR MEETING DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION
Meetings may be cancelled and/or Special meetings held
*Check agenda to confirm upcoming meeting details
|Location:||City Council Chambers
276 Fourth Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910
The commission is composed of seven members whose term is composed of the time they are appointed until dissolution of the commission.
|Member 5|| *10/2021
|Member 7|| *10/2021
*Estimated dissolution date