Pharmaceutical waste such as steroids, prescription and nonprescription drug, antibiotics and hormones present a danger to family members and pets.
Mail Back - TakeAway Environmental Return System
- Pharmacies in Chula Vista offer the TakeAway Environmental Return System for unused medication at NO COST.
- Place the medication in the special postage-paid envelope, seal it, and mail it back for environmentally responsible disposal.
- This program is limited to (5) five mail-back envelopes per resident per year.
- You will need to present proof of residency in Chula Vista to pharmacy staff to receive your FREE special mail-back envelope.
Participating pharmacies include
CVS COSTCO SHARP REES-STEALY RALPH'S RITE AID WALGREENS
Coming Soon! Chula Vista residents will have the option to request FREE sharps (syringes) mail-back containers and/or prescription drug mail-back envelopes online! Mail-back service is a free and convenient way to properly dispose of your sharps and unused/expired prescription drugs.
To keep everyone safe, the Environmental Services Division of Public Works and the Chula Vista Police Department have partnered to provide a FREE, convenient and proper disposal option.
Simply take your pharmaceuticals to a safe and secure receptacle inside the Chula Vista Police Department lobby located at 315 Fourth Avenue. Normal business hours are from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
*** CAUTION ***
- Do not place sharps in this receptacle.
- Please visit Sharps Waste Disposal.