Important Updates:

COVID-19/Coronavirus - The City of Chula Vista is here to serve you. While in-person services are limited, many services are available online. For more details, please visit our Coronavirus page here




Have an Event? Submit Your Event Online
Calendar Grid 253733

July 2020

Jul 2020

Calendar Grid 253733
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

21+ Event

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Events with Alcohol 

Applicants must be 21+ years of age (must provide ID when requested). Please drink responsibly.

Step 1:

Determine where you want to hold your event (Recreation center, park, other City facility or property, or on private property). See specific instructions for each option below.

Step 2:

If you plan to have alcohol for a private event on City property, look to see if a reservation is required (see options below).  If so, make your reservation for the date and time you have in mind with the appropriate department.

Step 3:

If you plan to sell alcohol to the public, please review the Special Event Guideline Summary and get a Special Event Permit. Your application will be processed by the Office of Communications.


Recreation Centers

Having a wedding reception or retirement/birthday party? You will need a reservation. Contact the Recreation Center (directly) where you would like to hold your event. Staff can assist you with your reservation and provide you with the steps you will need to follow.  
List of Centers


Looking for a place for a family reunion, games, or an outdoor get-together?  

Up to 25 people
If you'll have fewer than 25 people, no reservation is required, with the exception of the parks listed below (that require a reservation). You may gather in any area of a park, except in picnic areas or gazebos where a reservation is posted. 

More than 25 people
You MUST have a reservation for a picnic area or gazebo
An alcohol permit is part of your reservation.

Parks Requiring a Reservation
You MUST have a reservation to consume alcohol in these parks (regardless of the number of people in attendance):

  • Eucalyptus Park
  • Friendship Park
  • Harborside Park
  • Lauderbach Park
  • Memorial Park
  • Orange Park
  • Rienstra Park
  • SDG&E East & West Parks

NO kegs or glass. Be prepared to show ID to Park Rangers and/or Police personnel. Alcohol is prohibited at J Street Marina, Marina View, and Bayside Parks without a Port of San Diego special event permit.

Other City Facilities or Property

Planning a 21+ ticketed event (like a craft beer festival)? You will need a Special Event Permit - the steps to follow, along with everything you will need can be found on this page.  Your application will be processed by the Office of Communications.

Private Property

Having an event outside a business or on private property (such as a parking lot) in Chula Vista? You will need a permit through the Development Services Department if you will have:

  • Temporary Outside Sales (i.e. special outdoor sale - which may or may not include tents or canopies. Additional permits may be necessary.)
  • Promotional Event (i.e. grand opening or fundraiser)
  • Temporary sign(s) - including banners, flags, etc.



View Full Site