To celebrate the sights, scenery, and splendor in Chula Vista, we are looking for the best “THIS is Chula” photos. To enter, post your “THIS is Chula” photo to Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #THISisChula, tag the City account and make the viewer settings global. Only photos posted from July 24 to August 19 will be considered.
The Grand Prize will be the winning photo featured on ExploreChulaVista.com and it also may be featured in a "THIS is Chula" ad in the fall! Other prizes include VIP tickets to a concert at Mattress Firm Amphitheatre and a family 4-pack to The Living Coast Discovery Center.
How to enter
- Post a “THIS is Chula” worthy photo to Facebook, or Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #THISisChula and tag the City’s account (@thinkchulavista on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
- Preference in the judging will be given to photos that are recognizably taken in the City of Chula Vista, California (e.g., in front of or of a landmark, building, park, etc).
- The photo must be posted to social media (Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram) between July 24 and August 19, 2018. Please make sure your post can be seen by the public and not just friends. This requires the “global” permissions/privacy settings.
- Contest begins: Monday, July 24, 2018
- Contest ends: Sunday, August 19, 2018
- Winners will be announced the week of August 20, 2018
The winning photo will be featured on ExploreChulaVista.com and may be featured on a #THISisChula billboard in San Diego County in the fall of 2018.
One runner-up will receive two tickets to see Evanescence at Mattress Firm Amphitheatre on Friday, August 31.
Tickets to The Living Coast Discovery Center.
- Post a “THIS is Chula” worthy photo to Facebook, or Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #THISisChula
- The photo must be recognizably taken in the City of Chula Vista, California (e.g., in front of or of a landmark, building, park, etc).
- The photo must be posted to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) between July 24 and August 19, 2018. Please make sure your post can be seen by the public and not just friends.
- The photo must include the hashtag #THISisChula.
- No limit on number of photos posted for submission into the contest.
- Contest is open to everyone, 18 years and older.
- All submitted photography must be original work.
- Photos must be posted on Facebook, or Twitter or Instagram to be considered.
- The photographer and all subjects in the photo will sign a waiver release form if selected as a winner.
- The photo must be high enough resolution to be featured on the billboard. There will not be the opportunity to re-take the photo.
- If photo is selected for prize consideration, photographer will acknowledge understanding of rules listed below and will receive permission from any subjects in the photo before it is posted on the billboard, in social media, on ExploreChulaVista.com or chulavistaca.gov, in press release(s), or any other advertising or promotion efforts. The City of Chula Vista will provide the waiver release form.
- This photo contest is neither sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Submitting a photo indicates you have read and understood the rules and are knowingly and voluntarily participating in the contest.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photo. The contestant further affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the photo and that no copyright or other intellectual property rights are violated by the submission. The contestant assumes sole responsibility for the photo and the material contained in it and also for the consequences of the submission.
- Photo submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must be suitable for a public audience.
- The City of Chula Vista is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected photos.
- The City of Chula Vista reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria, or to contest rules.
- The City of Chula Vista reserves the right to delete/discard submissions that don't adhere to contest rules and disclaimers.
- The City of Chula Vista reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest or take any action in its best interest.
- By entering the photo contest, participants grant the City of Chula Vista and those authorized by it, a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce the entries in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational programs, publications, PowerPoint presentations, publicity efforts, and all other standard City of Chula Vista purposes. Participants consent to The City of Chula Vista’s use of their names in any list of winners and for promotional purposes in any media without payment or further consideration.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The City of Chula Vista will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The City of Chula Vista assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. The City of Chula Vista assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with participation in the contest.
- All participants shall hold the City of Chula Vista and its sponsors, directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with participant’s entrance in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of participant's’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize.The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Participants are solely responsible for their entries.
- Participants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- Participants agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the “THIS is Chula” Photo Contest Rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by the appropriate court located in San Diego County. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, in connection with the “THIS is Chula” Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California.