The City of Chula Vista has 31 mobilehome and trailer parks, with nearly 3,600 spaces. These communities provide a variety of living styles from family parks, senior parks, smaller trailer parks, to large communities with amenities.
Mobilehome living is dictated by a variety of agencies, a list of the most frequently requested documents follows below.
- Chula Vista Mobilehome Communities for a list of parks in Chula Vista.
- Mobilehome and Trailer Park Resource Information for the most commonly contacted agencies.
- Mobilehome Residency Law for State regulations on operations of mobilehome parks.
- The State Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman/Mobilehome Assistance Center is a complaint processing office that primarily assists the public with questions or problems associated with the various aspects of manufactured home (mobilehome) living, including: utility health and safety issues, complaints with manufactured home dealer, sales, warranties and other programs under the review of state HCD's Division of Code and Standards.
The City of Chula Vista provides a variety of services related to mobilehomes including:
The Housing Division implements a rent stabilization process for eligible mobilehome residents, under Chula Vista Municipal Code Chapter 9.50 - Mobilehome Park Space Rent Review. Residents are eligible for rent control if they meet certain criteria and have paid the Administrative Fee for that fiscal year.
Mobilehome Administrative Fee
- The fee for the period of July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 is $25 per eligible space.
- Bills addressed to the resident on file OR current resident should arrive on or around June 1st.
- Payment is due by July 1st with a grace period for full payment without late penalty by September 3, 2019.
- Payments may be made beginning May 16th.
- Download CVMC 9.50 Administrative Fee FAQ.
Rent control limits the increase a park owner can impose to a resident once per year to the Current Annual Permissive Increase. If a park owner proposes something over the permissive rate for that year a resident may petition the increase to the Mobilehome Rent Review Commission.
The City of Chula Vista has an adopted ordinance to address the displacement of mobilehome and trailer park owners/occupants if a park is converted to another use or discontinued. Relevant sections of the Chula Vista Municipal Code, can be accessed below:
- Chapter 9.40 - Housing Assistance (Park Closure)
- Chapter 9.60 - Sale of Mobilehome Parks (Resident First Right of Refusal to Purchase)