The City of Chula Vista has 31 mobilehome and trailer parks, with nearly 3,600 spaces. These communities provide a variety of living styles from family parks, senior parks, smaller trailer parks, to large communities with amenities.
Mobilehome living is dictated by a variety of agencies, a list of the most frequently requested documents follows below.
|Chula Vista Mobilehome Communities||Listing of Parks|
|Mobilehome and Trailer Park Resource Information||Commonly contacted agencies|
|Mobilehome Residency Law||State regulations on operations of mobilehome parks|
|State Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman/Mobilehome Assistance Center||Complaint processing office that primarily assists the public with questions or problems associated with the various aspects of manufactured home (mobilehome) living, including: utility health and safety issues, complaints with manufactured home dealer, sales, warranties and other programs under the review of state HCD's Division of Code and Standards.|
|Registration and Title Documents||Contact the State Housing and Community Development Department for new or resold manufactured homes|
|Register Your Mobilehome California||State program that gives owners the opportunity to avoid paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars in state and local taxes, fees, and penalties.|
The City of Chula Vista provides a variety of services related to mobilehomes including:
The Housing Division implements a rent stabilization process for eligible mobilehome residents, under Chula Vista Municipal Code Chapter 9.50 - Mobilehome Park Space Rent Review. Residents are eligible for rent control if they meet certain criteria and have paid the Administrative Fee for that fiscal year.
Mobilehome Administrative Fee
- The fee for the period of July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 is $25 per eligible space.
- Bills addressed to the resident on file OR current resident should arrive on or around June 1st.
- Payment is due by July 1st each year with a 60 day grace period for full payment without late penalty.
- Download CVMC 9.50 Administrative Fee FAQ.
- PAYMENTS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED for the July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020 period.
Rent control limits the increase a park owner can impose to a resident once per year to the Current Annual Permissive Increase. If a park owner proposes something over the permissive rate for that year a resident may petition the increase to the Mobilehome Rent Review Commission.
- Annual Permissive Notice (English & Spanish)
- Administrative Fee Courtesy Notice
- CVMC 9.50 (‘Rent Control’) Disclosure
The City of Chula Vista has an adopted ordinance to address the displacement of mobilehome and trailer park owners/occupants if a park is converted to another use or discontinued. Relevant sections of the Chula Vista Municipal Code, can be accessed below:
- Chapter 9.40 - Housing Assistance (Park Closure)
- Chapter 9.60 - Sale of Mobilehome Parks (Resident First Right of Refusal to Purchase)