Planning provides services which guide the City's orderly development in a manner that maintains a balance between the quality of life, environment and the economic stability of the City by applying the City's General Plan, Zoning regulations and development standards, facilitating development, implementing community plans, and preserving architectural and historic landmarks.
I want to
- Find Zoning Information for a property (e.g. permitted uses, setback requirements, height limitations and other development regulations on a property).
Upcoming & New Developments
Find information about developments currently being proposed in Chula Vista.
- Active and Future Projects Map
- Notices of Applications
- Environmental Notices
- Public Notices, Community Meetings and Hearings
- Zoning Administrator Notices of Decisions
Guides & Programs
Development in Chula Vista is guided by the planning documents and programs listed below.
- General Plan: A governing document that dictates how land is used
- Main Street Streetscape Master Plan
- Third Avenue Village Streetscape
- Growth Management Program
- Habitat Conservation / Multiple Species Conservation Plan (MSCP)
- Historic Preservation
- Master Planned Communities (e.g. EastLake, Rancho del Rey, Rolling Hills, San Miguel and Otay Ranch etc.)
- Otay Valley Regional Park