Important Updates:

COVID-19/Coronavirus - The City of Chula Vista is here to serve you. While in-person services are limited, many services are available online. For more details, please visit our Coronavirus page here




Zoning Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What it means:

Our Zoning Code (CVMC Title 19) dictates what uses are allowed and how you can develop Opinions & Reportsland (e.g. setbacks, height, parking, etc.) in Chula Vista.  Zoning districts specify a category of uses (such as; single-family residential, multifamily residential, commercial, industrial) and are applied by ordinance. The zoning districts are shown geographically on the City's official land use map.

  • Planning and Zoning Code, Chula Vista Municipal Code Title 19
  • City Zoning Map - For zoning questions, please contact the Development Services (DSD) at (619) 585-5621 or visit the DSD Counter at 276 Fourth Av, Building B. Chula Vista, CA 91910
  • Zoning for the Urban Core



  • Research quick  zoning information and municipal code regulations by address or Assessor Parcel Number (APN).  Please enter the APN number without the dashes.
  • Please include the suffix when entering by address: (For example; Third Avenue should be entered Third Av)

    Suffix List:

Avenue - Av     Boulevard - Bl     Circle - Ci     Court - Ct     Drive - Dr    Lane - Ln     Loop - Lp
Place - Pl     Parkway - PW     Road - Rd     Street - St     Terrace - Te     Way - Wy




In order to obtain complete regulatory information about your property or use, please contact the Planning and Building Department. Also, please contact the Planning and Building Department for complete information on your Precise Plan, Hillside or Design Control Modifying District, Planned Community (PC) or your Split Parceled zone designation.

For Planning Department Zoning Information call (619) 585-5621

The code is current through Ordinance 3036, passed June 6, 2006. Check with the planning staff about any more recent ordinances and also prior to applying for entitlement applications such as conditional use permits, design review, variances or zone changes.


Zoning Map or Zoning Code documents are also available for purchase at the Development Services Public Information Counter. 

Still Need Help?


View Full Site