The Shared Micro-Mobility Device Pilot Program is a one-year pilot permit program to provide new mobility options for the residents and visitors of the City of Chula Vista. This Program will assist the City with monitoring and evaluating the deployment and operations of shared micro-mobility equipment for permitted operators that are issued a permit under the Program. The Program requirements are designed to limit the overall number of devices that each Operator is allowed to deploy and explain the obligations and responsibilities that Operator must uphold and comply with in order to maintain an active Permit.
The goals of the Program are to:
- Support an active, healthy lifestyle;
- Ensure affordable and equitable service;
- Fill mobility gaps and improve connections to transit;
- Provide a low-carbon mobility option to reduce carbon emissions;
- Manage public space to help ensure sidewalks are organized and free from obstruction;
- Derive insights into the use of the shared micro-mobility device systems, compliance issues, and targeted bike infrastructure investments with robust data partnerships
Questions regarding the program or concerns about improperly parked and/or unsafe operation of devices?
Please send an email to email@example.com or call (619)407-3512
Shared Micro-Mobility Permit Requirements – Version 2.10 (09/05/2019 - Updated Insurance Requirements)
Shared Micro-Mobility Permit Application